Marshall lies at the intersection of Interstate 20 and US 59, 150 miles east of Dallas. For visitor information, contact the Marshall Convention & Visitors Bureau, 903/702-7777. Following are sites in the story.
Attractions and Shops
- The Harrison County Historical Museum is in the Harrison County Courthouse (1 Peter Whetstone Square, 903/935-8417). Hours: Wed-Fri 10-4, with courthouse tours at 11 and 2.
- The Weisman Center, 211 N. Washington Ave., 903/934-8836.
- Charley & Bella’s, 216 N. Washington Ave., 903/938-6445.
- Under the Texas Sun, 207 N. Washington Ave., 903/935-7678.
- Michelson Museum of Art, 216 N. Bolivar St., 903/935-9480.
- Starr Family Home State Historic Site, 407 W. Travis St., 903/935-3044.
- Texas & Pacific Railway Museum & Depot, 800 N. Washington Ave., 903/938-9495.
Dining and Nightlife
- Central Perks is inside the Weisman Center, 211-A N. Washington Ave. Call 903/934-9902.
- Stottford House restaurant, 210 E. Houston St., 903/935-7818.
- R&R Bakery and Coffee Shoppe, 115 E. Houston St., 903/ 935-3380.
- OS2 Restaurant & Pub, 105 E. Houston St., 903/938-7700.
- Blue Frog Grill, 101 W. Austin St., 903/923-9500.
- Charlie’s Backyard Bar, 303 N. Columbus St., 903/472-4050.
- Cajun Tex, 104 W. Grand Ave., 903/935-7719.
- Main Street Second Saturday features art, music, shopping, classic cars, and food downtown on the second Saturday of each month, March through November. Contact the Main Street Program at 903/935-4417.
- Wonderland of Lights Festival runs Nov. 21 through Dec. 31 (closed Dec. 24). Contact the Convention and Visitors Bureau.
From the November 2012 issue.
Order back issues