Adapted from Along the Garden Path by Bill and Sylvia Varney of Fredericksburg Herb Farm.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 T. warm water
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 c. sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 c. roasted peanuts
- 1/2 c. golden raisins
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 T. all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Cream butter; gradually add sugars, beating well at medium speed with an electric mixer. Add egg, water, and vanilla, beating well. Stir in oats, coconut, peanuts, raisins, and chocolate chips. Add flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon, and mix well.
Using 1/3 c. measure, scoop and level off dough, then drop dough about 4 inches apart onto greased sheets.
Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 17 to 21 minutes, or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.