Use your favorite boxed or fresh pizza dough (enough for a 12-inch pie) for this delectable pizza.
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 lb. white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 T. olive oil
- 3 T. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-inch) unbaked pizza crust
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1/2- 3/4 lb. Provolone cheese, grated
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4-inch thick 1 (6 oz.) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 c. grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onion, garlic, green pepper, and mushrooms in olive oil until vegetables are soft. Stir in basil, salt, and pepper. Drain excess liquid from mixture. On unbaked crust, spread ricotta cheese, then add grated Provolone, tomato slices (salted and peppered to taste), sautéed vegetable mixture, and artichoke hearts. Sprinkle with Asiago or Parmesan cheese. Bake in a 500-degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until pizza crust is light brown and cheese is bubbly.